Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In Praise of Iris


My husband planted my Bearded Iris for me, and with the rain they are all coming up splendidly. For all those gardeners and artists who don't have any Bearded Iris in their gardens, plant some. I buy my Iris from Schreiner's Iris Gardens in Oregon. They are the largest healthiest rhizomes you will ever see, and they produce many multi stemmed big beautiful Iris. I love to draw, paint, and grow Iris. So today's finished and framed painting is an Iris. The Schreiner's Iris Catalog has come out, so be sure to see their beautiful new offerings for 2008.

The weather is warming up, and it's time to garden. Iris are a low maintenance plant that will reproduce year after year, and when split and separated will give you many more plants and a great deal of beauty. Today I sing the praises of Iris.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The way that you painted these makes it hard not to have them as favorites. Well done.