Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, April 4, 2008

Painting Zoo Animals




I have been finishing up all the art work I ever started, and framing it so that the art work of my life is no longer lingering in portfolios. I as always am trying to get the art work out of my house and into someones elses world. I turn 60 this year, and it seems unfair for my children to have to clean up my life sometime in the unknown future. We have been subject to fires (California Wild Fires), is there anything known as a Tame Fire?, Floods (faulty plumbing), and I'm just waiting on the pestilence and plagues. Does the economy count as a plague? Anyway I am working on cleaning up my own act, which is the only thing I have any direct control of, and with the help of the Rancho San Diego Arron Bros staff am framing all my watercolors.

They have been most helpful in organizing all my watercolors, and the frames and mats I purchase so all I have to do is return home, photograph the art work, assemble the mats and paintings, and then put into the frames and add the hanging hardware. They also most kindly help carry all purchases to my car. I have never experienced such kindness and service from anyone else in this day and age. They have made it easy to frame 60 pieces of art work so far, and we still are working on more. I have all kinds of watercolors and oil paintings already painted and framed, but these are the items stashed or interrupted by commercial jobs theat brought in money. It's my personal art work, not the public professional stuff. You can see examples of my professional art work at: http//HelloSanDiego.com/Art/houseofchabrier.cfm or go to jellybeanstock.com to see some of the digital work I do with Kim and Granny. I paint and draw every day so I still have a great deal of finishing on paintings and framing to do.


The other thing that is occuring as I frame and finish paintings is that I get inspired and paint new paintings that require framing. What is wrong with this picture? The whole idea was to finish and complete; not start and begin more! The goal is not to add more to the overflowing plethora of art work in my portfolios. By the way with the encouragement of my artist friend Lee I joined an art association of Contemporary Artists, but have not been accepted into any of the shows. For all those fellow rejects out there, what can I tell you, I don't think we are "Contemporary Artists ". One has to keep ones sense of humor, and I figure I'm just an old artist. I paint what I am interested in and what I love. I love animals and plants, and painting portraits of people and dogs, flowers and still lifes. I love Impressionism, realism, book ilustration, and fantasy. I can't paint to please others or to fit a current category of art when I am doing my personal art work. Pay me money, and I will create whatever you want with a great deal of pleasure and zeal to the very best of my ability. I love creating artwork for oher people, but when I'm painting for myself I like to go where my heart leads me. Subjects speak to me, and I listen. Some of the work I am finishing was started in 1987 from photos I took in the 1970's. Which shows how life, living, and working to keep home and hearth together sometimes gets in the way of doing what an artist dreams up. Soon I will be selling the originals, retaining all reproduction rights, and selling prints I've made up of some of my art work. This is deemed necessary because the California Wild Fires came so close last year, we were evacutated, and the only picture I removed from the house was a painting my son had done of my husbands grandfather. That left hundreds of paintings to be devoured by flames that came racing over yonder hills, and that is why I have come up with the plan of completion and sell.

I will start uploading a painting or more a day, and hopefully some unknown gentle reader of blogs will find some piece of art work worthy of their home and coin. Hopefully fire, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, dust storms, and all other devestations that life can throw at us will avoid your home as it avoided mine. I would enjoy hearing from other artists or just art lovers. Keep painting all you artists out there, and don't worry if you get rejected. We all need to continue to pursue the dreams we envision and the images we desire to create.

4 comments:

yakshi said...

Hi,Annie
I left both a comment and a poem on your Artistic consistency entry and then apparently left it 3 or 4 times. It was my first ever comment on a blog and so I guess I over did it. I hope you can get rid of all the extras. I will try to do better in the future.
Roses in blue vases! What can be better for the soul? Unless, are those white dogwood blossoms at the top of the bouquet in the second painting or just very simple roses? Whichever, they remind me of the dogwood that are just coming into bloom here, and always make me think of hands upturned in a gesture of praise. My hands are held up and out toward you.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
could you please tell me the name of the bird painting ( with the parrots). I need it for my Gcse art work because i have chosen your artwork as an example to put in my folder ( im doing nature stuff and im doin some work on wild bird like in rainforests and your painting was perfect for it.)By the way your work is really nice and the peacock tree painting was really beautiful.

Harriet said...

Your artwork is stunning, I love the Peacock in the Magnolia tree, really beautiful.

Rani Ajay said...

Amazing paintings... i just love that peacock painting