Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Planting and Photographing Your Garden



































































Today I am going to share photos I took of my garden this morning. My husband always lets me know if something new is blooming in the garden. Today it was the first of the newly planted Iris that have bloomed for the very first time. Then I walked around the garden and Photographed the AppleBlossom Amaryllis, Roses, The Paul Scarlet Red Climbing Rose that blooms in the spring in a very spectacular display, and other colorful flowers that are awakening and greeting Spring. Fellow artists you are welcome to download these photos of my garden flowers and paint from them or use them for reference material. This is why I encourage everyone to plant flowers. It gives you live subject matter to paint from, and gives you the photos when the flowers are spent, and you only have a few roses at best. I took 105 photos this morning, and will go back out and photograph more later on, because the flowers will open up more, and their appearance will change especially the Iris. I have uploaded the morning photographs into my computer, and as soon as I take more photos I will go to the computer, and upload the new photos. I hold onto my photographs for a life time, and constantly refer to them for information. I also cut the flowers, arrange them, and set up still lifes with my collection of candle arbors, brass pots, silver bowls, etc. If you can't afford flowers, ask for the Rose plants instead of a bouquet of roses for your birthday or Mother's day. Plant flowers from seeds into pots, if you don't have property or live in an apartment. Bring the potted flowers into your studio to paint. Be creative with your thinking, as well as your art work. Learn to draw flowers from life,and enjoy what you do. Have a very good, creative day, and be sure to write if you get work. I will cheer you on!

No comments: