Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sparrows- Too many Mouths to feed!


Sparrows is a transparent watercolor painted on Arches 300 lb Paper regular surface. I took the picture of the Sculpted Lion in Rome, but the American Sparrows were added by me and my imagination. The wire in the foreground was in the original photograph, and I immediately pictured the common sparrow taking up residence on the ferocious winged lion. This is another watercolor pulled out of my portfolio, and it's unframed because the larger pieces are much more expensive to frame. I will share with you now, and finish a vertical companion piece that needs to be completed, and then frame them both at the same time. MY mother always used the phrase "There are just too many Hungry Mouths to feed around here!" She had ten children so she would know what she's talking about. When you have ten, someone is always hungry. I hope you enjoy this offering today. I used a toothbrush and the spatter technique to get all the textures within the washes. I'm still working on the tiger, and will probably complete it and the female Ostrich today. I will also complete the dishes, put on a pot of beans, and do the laundry.

A man can work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done. Another old saying my mother always quoted. Life doesn't get easier, but creativity makes it all worth while. Keep painting fellow artist, and write when you get work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie, this is a wonderful painting. Having been in Rome,I reconize the feeling of age that this painting relates to the viewer. Only in Rome it would be a line of pigeons. (grin) Love the soft warm colours in this painting. Look forward to tomorrow's offering.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.