Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, April 4, 2008

These are Vulturine Guinea Fowl I first saw and photographed at the San Diego Zoo in the walk through Aviary. I love these birds. They are so bold and colorful, and a brilliant combination of stripes and dots. Who wouldn't love them with their bright orange hair dos and blue faces and necks. This painting is done in gouache which is an opaque watercolor. The painting is titled Gaggle of Guineas. The Rhino is an Indian Rhino and titled Twilight of the Rhino. It also is done in Opaque watercolor, as is the painting of colorful birds. The bird painting is titled The Crown Jewels. The watercolor of flowers is another painting that has been finished up in the last week, along with a number of watercolors of my Grandmothers' teacup. I will show some of those tomorrow. The paintings are now in their frames and residing in my living room, and are just a couple of the 60 paintings completed and framed in the last couple of months. I hope you enjoy seeing them, and I hope to hear from fellow blogger because I am 1AloneArtist painting away all day in my solitary pursuit of excellence!

No comments: