Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, May 9, 2008

Beginnings...

Today was a day to sketch out new ideas and clean off the table where I've been painting. It's only half cleaned off, but I did sketch a watercolor of the Cactus Flowers and the Panther Chameleon I photographed at Joshua's marvelous Birthday Party. I couldn't print out the pictures so I just drew them from the computer monitor. It's almost like being there. The cactus flower is still holding it's blooms so I could draw them from life. However, I did photograph some more because I have no idea how long the blooms will last. I reworked the face of the Male Emu on Hop on Pop, and I still don't know if I am satisfied yet. I won't frame it until I'm happy. No paintings completed today, just drawings started and some introspections on what I should do next. There are still paintings needing to be finished, and finished paintings waiting to be framed. Alas, a women's work is never done, especially when she is obsessed with art. Nothing to show but preperation for new beginnings. I'll write when I get work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne, looking forward to your next painting.