Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, January 8, 2010

Silver Laced Polish Chicken


A Silver Laced Polish Chicken is a beautiful, elegant creature, that brightens the Barn Yard and at the same time is rather comical in his aspect. Some chickens just don't belong in a dirty environment, and make lovely pets. I had a wonderful little silky hen that loved to sleep on the back porch step by my back door, and loved to hop in my lap and be petted. Silver Laced Polish can be this way too, and don't belong with the common riff raff of the Chicken Coop. Chickens and all their diversity make life just a little easier, and are such good providers of eggs. What is not to like?
I started drawing up some Wood Ducks last night so maybe this blog will be filled with something besides chickens this year. That said, I still have other chickens drawn up so I'm sure anything else I draw and paint will be interspersed with chickens.
I also need to keep finishing up drawings and paintings I started eons ago. I have no paying work so all the things I started and was unable to complete because paying jobs came in are now in the "Must Complete" production line. This is a mythical list I have, but the work is real and at age 61 I am too old to get out of my work harness and sit around doing nothing, or worse become a housewife. I am a Racehorse harnessed to a plow. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I never wanted to be a housewife when I grew up. A Noble profession, but one I never aspired to. Plus I am a very bad housekeeper, so thank God I have never grown up!!! I think I will continue to drink my morning coffee, and get to painting. Write when you or I get work. Have a good, productive, and fulfilling day.

No comments: