Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, February 5, 2010

Roosters and Peacocks


The very Handsome Egil roams Mack Hill Farms with his harem, but his number 1 hen is always by his side.  The peacock is one owned by the San Diego Zoo, and photographed by me.  I then did this drawing in Prismacolor Pencils on Strathmore Black Paper.  It has a smooth finish, and helps make the colors of the peacock vibrate with contrast and pencil texture.  The portrait of Egil and his favorite hen is done in transparent watercolor on Strathmore Coldpress Watercolor paper.  I use very inexpensive brushes called Simply Simmons that are really wonderful, hold their shape, and actually with simple care last quite a long time.  Each brush no matter what the size costs $2.99 and sometimes are even less.  You get an excellant brush for the price.  The Prismacolor Pencils are just fun, diverse in their colors, and contain rich color and pigments.  I will now go back to finishing the other Peacock drawing I started last night.  I draw daily, paint, and complete each day everyday.  I've never had the luxary of so much time on my hands for my private art work, so I am enjoying this time of my life.  I may not be as strong as I was when younger, but I sure acquired some fun skills over my lifetime of art work.  Thank you God for all the past work, all the paying jobs, and now thank you God for this time to draw and paint the creatures I love.  Everyone have a good day, enjoy it to the fullest, and write if I get work! 

No comments: