Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sheep Goats Chickens and Art


I am still painting the beauty of chickens, but I am also enjoying the beauty of heritage goats, sheep, pigs, and cows.  It's amazing how many different and wonderful animals have contributed to the lives and the tables of mankind.  I have come to appreciate the beauty of icelandic sheep, and as a woman who loves to crochet (my husband calls me blanket woman) I know I would appreciate their wool. 
I drew up some line art of sheep, and goats.  The first is inspired by the Icelandic Sheep at Mack Hill Farm, and the goats came from my desire to illustrate The 3 Billy Goats Gruff.  I love books, and all childrens books and illustrations, old and new.  I want to be a childrens book illustrator when I grew up, and now I'm old, never grew up, and just painting and drawing what ever I want because I still can. 

No comments: