Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stand by Your Man


Some women prefer to flit about, party, and change partners, but some women prefer to stand by their man.  It's wonderful when you are a team, know your jobs, and treat each other with loving respect.  This rooster is Egil again from Mack Hill Farms http://www.facebook.com/lisanh?ref=mf  and his favorite hen who rarely leaves his side except to tend to woman's work.  I am amazed at how many normal, hardworking couples there are in this world who tend to the business of living and caring for their portion of the world.  I look at all the snow that falls on the farms back east and north of us.  I think of all the animals that need to be tended and fed in fair weather or foul.  This work is constant and has its own rythym during the year, but it takes a husband and wife team, a family, and mutual respect to do all the work that has to be done.  Life is so much better when everyone does their part, works for the benifit of the whole, but the individual loves and needs of each individual are respected.  I am still painting more chickens, and have about 3 paintings in the works.  I worked until midnight last night so I will probably also take a nap today.  There is also laundry to be folded and hung, and more to be washed.  However, I appreciate my own quiet rythym of life and hope it lasts a long time.  Write if I get more work, and I will continue to do the work of painting the animals, plants, and people in this world for you to enjoy.  May you all have a quiet, blessed, calm, and very productive day!

No comments: