Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, January 14, 2011

TNNA Needle Point Show Out of Africa Series

Some of my favorite canvases to design for the TNNA needlepoint show are the Out of Africa Series.  It started with my Indian Rhino Gouache Watercolor Painting which has nothing to do with Africa.  Then I just wanted to paint a Lion and the whole series took off from there.  The border came into being because I love borders, and then thought why not have the animals racing around the border.  That brought in the Masai from the Masai Mara Game Reserve in Kenya and this series was born featuring the Kenya Game Reserve and all its animals.  I still want to design a Wart Hog, Cheetah, and Buffalo canvas, but I will get to that later.  Here are the canvases that were shown at the TNNA Needlepoint Show at the Long Beach Convention Center in my Out of Africa Series.
Copyright:  Chabrier  HouseofChabrier  Anne E. Shoemaker-Magdaleno 2010  All Rights Reserved





















Copyright: Chabrier  HouseofChabrier Anne E. Shoemaker-Magdaleno 2010 All Rights Reserved
All of these canvases can be had to Needlepoint on in 13ct, 14ct, or 18ct Zweigart Mono Canvas and hand painted by me in acrylic.  I am also doing belt, and headband designs with my border design for your stitching and wearing pleasure.  All designs can be seen at http://www.jellybeanstock.com  and you also can see designs hand painted by other artists and designed for your stitching and giving pleasure.  
I hope you like this new venture of mine, and enjoy viewing these canvases.  I've enjoyed painting them, and can't wait to see how an experienced stitcher embellishes them with different stitches.  I loved meeting and viewing the art of the different artists who attended the TNNA show.  Write when I get work, and if you show me your work I will be happy to share mine with you.  Keep on painting, and keep on stitching.  I will put up some more canvases tomorrow.  Thank you for following my blog and commenting on my work.  If you have a pet or something else you would want me to hand paint on a Needlepoint canvas for you write and I will be happy to help you!!  Custom is my middle name!

1 comment:

Emreen said...

THe borders with the tiny animal figures look very different...!! Another beautiful work !!