Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TNNA Needlepoint Show 2011 Floral Pillows and Bell Pulls

I introduced only a few floral designs at the TNNA Needlepoint Show 2011, but I have quite a few offerings drawn up and ready to paint.  I live on an acre, and love flowers.  I used to buy bulbs by the 100's and plant them religiously every fall.  Here in southern California bulbs sometimes bloom with the advent of winter rains, and Iris bloom summer, fall, winter, spring.  My roses are blooming now after all the winter storms we had.  Obviously, I love gardening and love flowers.  I plant for the bees, the butterflies, the birds, the lovely scent, and the color to please my eye.  The flowers I draw for my Needlepoint canvases are the flowers I grow.  I have huge pots out front my brother Robert gave me, that I'm growing Plumeria, Roses, Gardenia, and Cactus in.  Here is what I painted for the Jellybeanstock booth, and for my own artistic and gardening pleasure.
Copyright: Chabrier  HouseofChabrier  Anne E. Shoemaker-Magdaleno  2010 All Rights Reserved

I had these Lilies planted by my kitchen window for years, and though I have Calla Lilies and other colors these pink Oriental Lilies are still my favorite.  They just can't take the digging done by German Shepherd puppies, and inquisitive dogs looking for a cool spot to lie on in the summer heat.
This and all my hand painted canvases can be purchased from your local Needlepoint Shop, or by having them contact   http://jellybeanstock.com/index.html  






Copyright:  Chabrier  HouseofChabrier  Anne E. Shoemaker-Magdaleno 2010 All Rights Reserved

I have many more Floral canvases drawn up, designed, and ready to paint.  As soon as my orders from the TNNA 2011 Show are painted and filled I will be working on my new series of canvases.  Yes there will be new Masks, florals, birds, animals and scenics.  There are all kinds of birds and animals clamoring for my attention, and longing to be on a Needle Point canvas for you to bring them to life.  Write when I get work, and thank you to Jane at Chilly Hollow for your warm welcome and kind words.

No comments: