Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Large Handpainted Canvases for Rugs

Well, today I am sharing a number of works in progress.  I don't usually speak about my process, but I work on a number of things at once.  Why, because sometimes I want the work to thoroughly dry in between coats of paint, or because I have mixed up plenty of paint for something like leaves and so I just keep painting.  People tend to say I have "mad skills", and I know I am skilled in many mediums, but that comes from doing not talking. When you want to get something accomplished, don't talk about it...DO IT!  That seems counter intuitive to blogging, but the blogging should occur after the task is completed or well on the way to completion.  On Deviant Art I have done tutorials to show other artists how I start from a drawing, and paint a watercolor.  Here I will show some of the Needlepoint canvases in progress.  The blue tape around the edge, or border is to protect against accidents, spills, fingerprints, or just air blown paint.  It's a necessary precaution to ensure a clean product.  Here are some of the canvases I am now working on:

 I have taken a great deal of pictures of Magnolia Tree blossoms, and spent countless hours photographing and printing the pictures so I can understand and paint accurately the Magnolia Tree and it's flowers.  Mad skills as people call them are based, on doing your homework, practice, keen observation, and then just painting.  It doesn't matter whether or not you paint, sculpt, carve, or etch you have to learn about your subject and know it.  That is why I buy flowers and trees, plant them, photograph them, and then draw and paint from photographs and life.  Try it You will like it, and while doing so you  also will acquire "Mad Skills".
 A 30" X 40" work in progress of The Crowned Jewels on White Zweigart 13count Mono Canvas with the Blue Masking Painters Tape around the edge for protection.
 The same line drawing, but done on Black Zweigart Mono Canvas, and yes it does affect the colors I use and how the image is painted.
 Copyright:Chabrier House of Chabrier 2011 Anne E. Shoemaker Magdaleno All Rights Reserved this little Betta is called Henri after Henri Monet who loved blue and yellow, and is such an inspiration to many of us.
 This is a picture of a number of the Original Paintings I have done, and I'm still working on that have inspired the canvases I am doing for the Needlepoint Industry and Aristeia in particular.
 White magnolia blossoms, and the white cockatoo canvas with my working photos of Magnolia blossoms in the foreground.
A Peacock panel which is now further along than this, and will probably be finished today.  All these designs are drawn up, and there are a great deal more on another table, and I just paint and draw, design, and sketch all day.  It keeps me out of trouble, and entertains me  until I grow weary and crawl into bed to take a nap.  My Sciatic nerve in my leg is still killing me, but as long as there are tasks to accomplish and paintings to paint I will just curse the fates, walk with a cane, take vitamins and buy stock in Extra Strength Excedrin.  I digress, now I shall shower, and then get to painting.  I hope you like seeing some works in progress?  Write when I get work!  Enjoy what you do, and live life to it's fullest for it is over much to fast.  Have a very good day, and make yourself happy.  You are the only one who can.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

............some of the most breathtaking work I've ever seen on canvases, and how appropriate they should be for Aristeia! Your needlepoint pieces are magnificent!

Chabrier said...

Thank you for your kind words! I love painting!!

Emreen said...

Awesome work... Love the peacock... and the white flowers... The colors look very natural..!!

iconrugs said...

I have no words for appreciate of your creativity. It was very attractive rugs. large rugs