Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wizard of the Woods

Besides designing Needlepoint Canvases sometimes I just need to draw and paint.  After working all morning on some cute Needlepoint Canvases which I will put up shortly, I took a nap, and then painted my friend Marion Skydancer, an Artist, Model, and talented Photographer.http://skydancer-stock.deviantart.com/  Cute was too much, and I just wanted to paint with no sketching, no lines, and no agenda.  Sometimes one should just use their own talent to entertain oneself.  That's what I did this afternoon, and I feel better for it.  Here are two little paintings I did using Acrylic ( the same paint box I'm using to paint all the tropical birds, fish, plants, and dinosaurs).  I painted on black paper, because it was in a stack close at hand, and I just enjoyed myself.  I will put up the new finished Needlepoint Canvases tomorrow, but don't be surprised if some other art sneaks into this blog on stealthy little cat feet unwilling to be quiet in the background of my mind.  My art...all of it....likes to be expressed, and I can't just do needlepoint canvases every minute of every day.  I guess I will need to find a balance.  Work on the work in the morning, and do something free in the afternoon.

I've got to go check on the Spaghetti I'm making for dinner, and make some home made garlic bread to go with it so everyone enjoy the rest of your day or evening.  Do what you love!  and of course Write when I get work!

No comments: