Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Paintings from the Present and the Past

I paint or draw everyday, and sometimes surprise even myself when I rediscover something I did quite a while back.  I thought I would put up some of my recent drawings and paintings, and then put up some that are favorites of mine.  



I painted these wonderful roosters from some great photos taken by a young girl on Deviant Art who raises and loves her chickens...You can see her work on DA by going to this link:  http://jordanmireldis.deviantart.com/
These were of course done with her permission, and I have a couple of hens she took pictures of.  I had a great deal of fun painting them because they look so protective of their little chicks.  Thank you Jordon for letting me paint from your photos!  The hens:
 This is one of my favorites working from Jordon's photo.  This Hen looked just this mad in the photo.  I captioned the photo "Don't even think about it!"
Well I found one of the hens, but not the other so you will have to look at another colorful Rooster.  This one is called King of the Garden.
I have joined a new art site called Shadowness, and you can see my artwork their...new and old.  I was asked to join another art site in France called Thalisee, and now my paintings, drawings, and poetry can be seen there also.  I always am listed under House of Chabrier or HouseofChabrier no spaces.
This is one of the reasons I've been going through old files, and looking at older work.  I will put up some of my favorite older work, and I hope you enjoy it.
However, since the site is experiencing upload problems I will publish the paintings above, and publish the others later.  Write when I get work, take care of your body because nobody else will.  Have a good day, be kind to your love ones, and feed them well.  A fed family is usually a happier more relaxed family.  Less shouting if everyone has food, and everyone gets their share of hugs and kisses.  It's either too hot, we are in a drought, or as some of you hit by Irene your home occupies a new flood plain.  My thoughts, prayers, and sympathy are with you.  Everyone take care, and be sure to write if I get work.   Hugs... Annie

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Love the BB Red Phoenix. Reminds me of mine I had a few years ago :)