Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I've been painting every day, usually in the evening after the packing of books and fixing the house chores are done.  We are Elder Proofing the house (similar to child proofing, but you don't have to make anything difficult to open) , for it's necessary to make the floors easy to clean and difficult to slip and fall on.  We now have a textured porcelain tile on the floors, and it's great even when wet.  Plus we are installing new toilets, wall paper, wainscoting, and moldings in the bathrooms, and refinishing all the cabinetry.  What does this have to do with art...well if your house is clean and neat it's much easier to do the things you love to do with a clear, clean conscience.  Plus, my huge oak roll top desk will be moved into the studio so it can be transformed into a Jewelry making bench.  Then I can post jewelry designs I make here too.  I know...Needlepoint...painting, sculpting...jewelry making...book illustrating...what doesn't she like to do?  I like to do everything!!!!  I love to paint, draw, design, construct...I just like making stuff!!











Here are the other paintings I've been doing of wild animals on Amate Bark Paper.  Plus I haven't posted the pen and ink drawings I did of Aesop's Fables or the pencil drawings of famous writers.  There is so much to share!  Happy Holidays!  Keep your sense of humor, hug the ones you love, and be sure to write when I get work.  Enjoy the art work, and I will have more to share soon!  Good cheer to everyone even in these hard economic times.  Remember, the best things in life are free, and if you have your health you are very rich in spite of everything else.  May there be more jobs and prosperity in the NEW YEAR!

No comments: